Thursday, January 29, 2009

Murphy the Puppy

I apologize for eight years of disgust making its way into my last entry. I prefer not to focus on negative subjects. So, I will now attempt to make up for it with a subject matter which may just be the complete antithesis of GWB.


Meet Murphy, Trent's new 6 week old half Boxer, half Aussie puppy. She is about the sweetest thing you have ever seen. This was her first photo shoot. I had just given 'little squirt' her first bath and she even got a pretty pink bow, to which Trent responded, "she may be a girl, but I'm a guy." He promised to leave it on her long enough to meet his sister. I love to torture Trent.Murphy is a quality Whatcom County girl, so she gets some instant respect as far as I'm concerned. She came from a farm in Lynden that breeds Australian shepherds. Apparently there is also a Boxer that lives there, and there was an incident. She is what the Japanese might call a 'happy accident'. She is perfect and has a very sweet demeanor. She makes me smile because many of her mannerisms remind me of sweet Makiah the mini-Aussie (the other love-dog of my life). Dogs are just about the best things in the world. The other night, I was holding Murphy while she peacefully slept, the way only puppies can do. As I handed her limp, completely trusting and love-saturated little body over to Trent, I said, "to anyone who is struggling to understand the meaning of life, here it is. Look at how this innocent creature, who has only been on this earth for 6 weeks responds to love and gentleness. She is completely at peace. Love is the center and purpose of our existence."

1 comment:

JT said...

Amen, sista. AMEN!